The culture of Capizzi Home Improvement is best described as a business with strong environmental ethics. Our focus is on energy efficiency, sustainability, conservation of natural resources, recycling and renewable energy in the products we use and the building methods we practice. Our desire is to protect the environment in the way we live and the way we build.
WHERE DID IT BEGIN?
Tom Capizzi Sr., grew up with parents and grandparents from the old country, people who believed in the ideology of “waste not, want not”. As a result of his upbringing Tom Capizzi, Sr. learned the importance of developing a sustainable way of life, farmer- based values that DO NOT promote a throw away economy.
Tom worked side by side with his father, a custom home builder and remodeler. His father instilled in him at an early age the importance of quality workmanship and materials. Tom Capizzi, Sr. worked in the construction industry for many years before starting Capizzi Home Improvement in 1976. It was then that he put to use the concepts of recycling and reusing by remodeling a turn of the century home into his office space and moving an old army barracks onto the property, refurbishing it into a warehouse/office building complex where they remain today.
Today, Tom is a certified green building professional, a designation of the National Association of Home Builders.
In the late 70s early 80s, we were installing:
Passive Solar Sunrooms and Additions
Solar Thermal Systems
Blown in Cellulose Insulation
Energy Efficient Windows and Doors, HVAC Systems, and Appliances
AND WE’RE STILL DOING IT TODAY, integrating a Green Building Science Technique into all our projects.
WHY WE DO IT?
- To conserve our natural resources.
- To reduce landfill waste.
- To conserve energy.
- To promote sustainable living.
- To create healthy home environments for our customers.
HOW WE DO IT?
- By re-using / recycling nearly 100% of construction waste and/or replacement products.
- By using FSC and SFI wood products.
- By using engineered wood-framing products.
- By using composite decking, trim and siding.
- By using reclaimed wood products
- By using renewable wood products (cork/bamboo).
- By using SIPs (Structurally Insulated Panels).
- By using ICFs (Insulated Concrete Forms).
- By using high R-value/environmentally safe floor, wall and attic insulation.
- By using maximum energy efficient windows and doors.
- By using alternative energy in active and passive solar applications.
- By using air infiltration sealing of the building envelope.
- By installing energy star appliances, lighting, and HVAC systems.
- By using low and no VOCs paints, stains, adhesives, cauling, carpeting, and cabinetry.
- By installing heat recovery ventilation systems
- By installing insulated window treatment systems
- And, by supporting the environmentally conscious organizations we belong to:
Cape and Islands Renewable Energy Collaborative (CIRenew) -
Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) – www.nesea.org
Cape and Islands Self Reliance – www.reliance.org
Cape Light Compact – www.capelightcompact.org
NARI of Cape Cod (NARI) - www.naricapecod.com
Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Cape Cod -
Capizzi Home Improvement prides itself on offering home owners with energy efficient solutions for their remodeling projects. Contact Us Now for a Free Consultation!